Friday, October 10, 2008

Angel among us

So today was one crazy day. It started off just like any other day me and Navi hanging out doing our normal morning things then it came time to get ready to go into work so Navi and I went into my bathroom to start getting ready. She usually plays in with my make-up brushes while I do my hair and make-up. In our bathroom between our sinks we have a piece of furniture that holds and displays all of our bathroom needs. I had 3 large glass jars on top holding nail polish, Q-tips, and bath beads. I also collect prince fogs and the weight about 10lbs and there were 2 in this piece of furniture. Well, to make a long story short Navi applied to much pressure to one of the drawers and I saw the whole thing start falling over so I stepped over and held the furniture from falling but everything inside and on top came crashing down on Navi and myself. The next thing I remember is Navi screaming so I picked her up and I took her clothes off examined her whole body and much to my surprise there was nothing wrong. Once I realized she was OK that's when I started to feel my own body and felt the blood gushing down my leg and I looked down and saw a huge laceration and could see my knee bone. I started shaking and felt like I was going to pass out, but knew I had to get a hold of Travis, but knowing me I have NO idea where my phone is it took me a couple of frantic minutes I got on the phone called Travis and I were off to the E.R. and I got all stitched up.(4 hours later) But I know without a doubt that someone was watching over Navi because She has not one scratch on her which is a miracle. I know that we all have angels watching over us (mortal and immoratal) I have always believed in angels but have never had a personal experiance where I knew someone was looking out for me until now. I posted picture below so watch out if there is a pic. of my stitches.

6 comments:

Coree Adams said...

oh my gosh Stacey! No wonder I never heard from you! I am so glad that you and Navi are ok! (Besides the huge gash in your leg) There are definitely Angels among us!!!

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh, how scary. Im sorry about your leg. the things we do for our babies! Speaking of babies, yours is SO CUTE!!!! I have never seen here before. She is gorgeous. She looks like she has the funnest personality too.

ashley wright said...

STACEY.... oh my word that is insane! Im so sorry about your leg :( i honestly qot queasy looking at it... bless your heart... load up on the advil extra strenth baby! On the up side, I LOVE your bathroom :) so chic!! If we ever get a home someday i definately will need you to come over and help with the decor (so not my thing!) Navi is so pretty; Wes and i were looking at your blog and he was like "oh my gosh, Navi is so gorgeous!!!"
ps. can these little girls stop growing up so fast! sheesh.

Grandmommy Crum said...

Im glad your feeling better. Seeing your leg today, it already looks better than in the picture! That was so scary, I think Travis got to you in record time, we have never seen him run that fast, and then he pealed out of the parking lot, fast as lightning!! I remember saying to myself, please Heavenly Father, dont let anything be wrong with Navy!! Im sorry you were hurt, but so releaved it wasnt more serious! Thanks for showing us your house today, I have wanted to see it for a long time, its darling! you and Travis have really done a great job on it! Try not to do too much, let your leg heal! See ya at the Wright House......

Lizard said...

I'm so glad nothing more serious happened to either you or your girl. Jeez, though! Seriously! That was scary, just waiting to find out what happened. I do believe there are angels among us. And it doesn't hurt that you love your baby so much that you reacted so quickly. You are such a good mommy. You make my fear of being one less than what it was. Thank you.

Deon said...

Woa! I didn't even see your leg the other night. I agree - I think angels do watch after us. Be careful so you heal well!!