Sunday, March 6, 2011

HARD NIGHT'S DAY

Hey friends Just a post on OUR life...
Now first off I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but life just keeps complicating!!!

LIFE Has been super stressful for us. Travis is a full time student and is not home much of the time. I had to go back to work full time as a wedding coordinator which just the job itself is super stressful but on top of that I have had really stressful brides or Mothers of the bride... I of course struggle like every working mom with feeling guilty even being at work and not home with my babes! But some days I must admit it is easier than being home because my kids are at a stage where they are constantly fighting!

I swear they don't even like each other. It is a never ending battle at our house right now.
I also feel like I should never complain about my sweet kids since We tried so hard to have them and it truly is a miracle that we do have them. So more guilt piles on...

About 4 weeks ago I "shredded" my it band then did the Ragnar Relay( I posted about earlier) and injured myself even more. My doctor doesn't even want me walking on it for two weeks plus Physical therapy 3 days a week... which is IMPOSSIBLE hello I have two kids and work full time.

Last month I had to stop swimming (my only ME time) Because I have nobody to help me with the kids. Now I can't even swim or run for 4 weeks so I'm sure I might go crazy!!! blah blah blah!!!

Luckily my MOM and Aunt Sandi help me every Monday with Navi and I get to do my grocery shopping and cleaning with just a little handsome man! My Mom and my Aunt Sandi Also Help me on days that I have to work late and Travis Is DJing an event! But I always feel so bad because It's such late nights, but they are always happy to see Mimi and Aunt Sandi and I know that they are happy to be with them and spend time with them. I COULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT THEM...

THANK YOU!!!

Travis and I signed up for the love and logic parenting class and start in a month and I am excited to go and learn some parenting tips!! I have heard many good things and know that if anything Travis and I can get on the same page and work as a team , but man parenting is hard and I worry so much that I might be doing something wrong (which I'm sure that I am) So I will keep you posted on how it goes and if We learn any good tips... Well till next time...

7 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Right, so I just left you this long comment and it got eaten. BOO!

What I said was....

First...SO proud of you for actually writing an update. Love it!

Secondly, you are TOTALLY allowed to complain about your hard earned, miracle children. They may have been harder to come by for you, but they're still kids, and kids are HARD. We all complain about our kids, 'cause You're right, parenting IS hard.

And lastly...I just want you to know, I thoroughly enjoy YOU. It's always nice to get to chat.

The Brinkerhoff's said...

Thanks Allyson That makes me feel better

Tawnya said...

Ugh, that stinks about being so busy plus injured plus guilty plus stressed. It'll get better though - Travis won't be in school forever, the busy season will pass, and your body will heal (if you'll actually take it easy, HA!). Hopefully you like the class. The concept is right, it's just hard to put it into action!

The Brinkerhoff's said...

Tawnya you are so positive and right!!! I need to have a better attitude... I'm trying

Bubbly Faces said...

I feel your pain... It's so hard not to feel guilty. Just know that you are doing the best you can! After my long weekends I just make sure to take a day off and just "play" with the kiddos. Let me know if I can help... seriously!

Emily Lauren said...

Wow, you really have a lot on your plate right now. Like Alyson said, you DEFINITELY have right to complain. Lots of times just venting/blogging about it makes you feel better.

That would be so stressful to have your husband gone all the time. Then trying to work so much (and have stress at work) and deal with the kids fighting, being naughty etc. :( It's so hard to find a balance between work/home/'me' time. It feels like I'm battling with that balance weekly. ugh.

Hang in there. Like Tawnya said, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, as Travis wont be in school forever.

p.s YOU are so skinny. Looking at your cruise and relay pictures. . . You look SO GOOD!!!

becki said...

I'm a wee bit late on seeing this but please oh please call me next time you want a day off or even TWO. My kids love to have friends over and will entertain them until they are begging for you again. Hit me up some time. I honestly know what it's like to feel like there is no time for "mom" so I will be so excited just knowing how exciting you will be to be kids free.

I really hope you are feeling better and will heal quickly.

Hit me up. I mean it!!!