Sunday, April 19, 2009

LIFE OR SOMETHING LIKE IT!!!!

As an 18 year old girl six years ago I married my husband Travis and I knew without a doubt that he was the only man that I could spend the rest of my life with and have a happy, life-long marriage. I didn't know that a marriage required a great deal of selflessness, patience, and hard work. I never thought we would have arguments over who left the dirty dishes in the sink(my biggest pet peeve) or who stole who's towel?? ( OK I admit I am a towel stealer and Travis hates it so much) On the other hand I thought that a happy marriage was all magical and passionate full of romantic getaways. But after six years full of ups and downs, years of infertility, big milestones in life like getting pregnant with Navi, having Navi, Everyday life as a family of three. I have learned that the big milestones and fun vacations cause us to overlook the numerous ordinary ones that happen in everyday life. Everyday when Travis get home from work and school we go for a walk with Navi and although this seems like such a small uneventful
simple walk down the street. It is these daily moments that I look forward to the most. While candles and flowers might be what most woman want, I have found the daily interactions and common interest that Travis and I share are the core of our marriage. Six years later what could be less romantic then dealing with who cleans the toilets and who is getting up with Navi in the middle of the night. Our life is filled with daily task of housework, schooling,working,and childcare. But still to this very day I feel as if I don't see my husband enough. Me and Navi go 48 hours without seeing him almost every weekend and I truly miss him. I miss talking to him, and I miss those everyday moments with him(like him yelling for a towel at night after his shower because I stole it that morning). Travis is truly my best friend, I truly enjoy his company, he can always make me laugh, he never takes life to serious which is good for me because I am always stressing over something. He knows me better than anyone and I am the most comfortable around him. When we go out to eat he knows exactly what I am going to order and how to order it. (like all on separate plates because my food can't touch) He has seen me at my worst and still loves me, and if you don't truly know someone how can you really love them???? A wise man once said that the simple truth to a happy marriage is based on a deep friendship. It's funny I hear people giving advice saying don't get married until your 25, and I have always wonder what they meant by this. To that standard I still wouldn't be married, I wouldn't have Navi, and my life would be dull, boring and meaningless. I might have more money in my pocket, more clothes in my closet, and more single life experiences under my belt, but if could go back six years ago I wouldn't wait one day longer. Marriages are filled with these simple daily routines of grocery shopping,house cleaning,earning a living, heavy burden, and just life itself. Ironically, it's these moments that marriage finds it's ultimate meaning. This is it; this moment is life. Seize the day. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband I was right, 18 an all He is the only one that I can have a happy life-long marriage with. We love you and miss you when you are at work and school all day, but we know you do it because you love us, and that makes me love you more!!!!!



6 comments:

Tawnya said...

Beautifully said!

Lizard said...

I know exactly what you mean. I miss those moments with Matt. I wish I had had more time to enjoy them. He knew me and still loved me despite it all. :) And when Travis complains again about how you don't act like the girl in the relationship, show him this email. I think it says it all.

Olivia Shill said...

STACEY! Crap my blog is supposed to be set to private... haha oops! First of all, Navi is SO dang cute! Last time Bailee was down we were going to come see you guys but didn't make it over there for some reason. I heard your house is a lot different than last time I saw it and really cute! Anyway, I'm excited cause now I can stalk your blog and see you all the time like I used to! Tell Travis hello for me and congrats on the baby boy! So happy for you guys!!!

Cara Fish said...

THAT was as good as any note Travis has ever given you. And, in my humble opinion, good for at least one free "towel stealing pass." :) Love you guys!

Coree Adams said...

That was beautifully written Stace. I miss you!!

Layton Clan said...

Stacey - this was awesome, and so true to point. Beautifully said!!! AND YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! Tell Trav I am proud of his weight loss!!!