Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SCARIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!




Navi and I were at the mall just doing some shopping like every other time. We had finished
shopping and were headed out to our car. Since Navi hates being in her stroller she was walking with me. When she is not in her stroller we play a game we made up called ready set GO!!(she will stop then run to me at go) It's not the fastest way to do shopping but she gets to be independent and walk which she loves. So we are like 10 feet from the door and a young guy is just coming in the handicap door so I am at the door and we do a ready set GO. She starts running and then hits the mat that is right in front of the door and falls face first hitting her head on the metal base of the door. It didn't look like a really bad fall, but she was screaming so I pick her up and put her head to my shoulder trying to comfort her and then I think to myself she never cry this long so I take a look at her face and her face was seriously COVERED WITH BLOOD. So I run back inside and the guy who had just walk inside as we were going out sees me running back inside comes over to us looks at Navi and yells SOMEONE CALL 911. (whiched totally made me freak out even more) I sit down grab some wipes and apply pressure to her forehead trying to stop the bleeding. In like 2 minutes 3 security guards show up an ambulance and fire truck. So like 10 people are around us asking a million questions which totally freaked Navi out even more. She wouldn't let anyone look at her so I had to do everything. Which would have been fine if it wasn't my own kid. So here Navi is screaming mostly out of fear at this point. Me crying because I am afraid of what I am going to see on my baby girls face. So I get her all cleaned up and to my surprise it wasn't as bad as I had in visioned. So they tell me to take her down to the ER and get her checked out for stitches. So we call our pediatrician and he gets us in right away and gets her all stitched up. 5 STITCHES!!!! POOR THING!! I think the whole experiance was more tramatic for me then it was for her. And everyone kept asking me is this your first kid? and is this her first head lasceration? Then insuring me that this will happen alot and Head wounds always bleed alot.




WELL THANKS BUT THAT IS NOT HELPFUL AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!




3 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

SCAREY! I love how they imply that "eh, it's fine when they bust their head open, just get used to it." I think I would have been a bawling mess myself. Sorry that happened, but thankfully, it's pretty high on her forhead, so if there's a scar, it can be covered with hair.

Tawnya said...

Oh man! And even worse that it didn't happen at home, it had to be in front of a bunch of people. She's gonna have a rockin' scar though!

Coree Adams said...

Oh my gosh!! You poor girls! I'm glad she is ok!